Visit Our Jacksonville Eye Doctor for Your Annual Eye Exam
From the moment you wake up until you drift off to dreamland, you rely on your vision to guide you through your days. Imagine how difficult life would be without your eyesight? If you want to keep your vision in-check, scheduling routine eye exams is an absolute must. Whether you’ve worn corrective lenses for years or you’ve had 20/20 eyesight your entire life, contact Trumansburg Optical to schedule an appointment for an annual eye exam with our eye doctor near Jacksonville.
The Importance of Eye Exams
Having your eyes assessed by a licensed optometrist is not only important for your vision; it’s vital for your overall health and well-being. Some of the key benefits of routine eye exams include:
- Changes in vision. Detection of vision problems is the most obvious benefit of routine eye exams. During a comprehensive exam, an optometrist can diagnose a variety of vision problems, such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism, teaming, amblyopia, and strabismus. If any vision problems are detected, your eye doctor can recommend corrective lenses that will correct the problem so you can enjoy clearer vision.
- Eye disease assessment. Eye disease is prevalent problem among Americans. Conditions such as glaucoma, cataracts, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, and even cancer are just some of the diseases that can afflict the eyes. During a comprehensive eye examination, a licensed optometrist will check for signs of eye disease. As with other health-related issues, early treatment is key to proper and effective treatment.
- Detection of health-related issues. In addition to checking for diseases of the eyes, an optometrist may be able to detect signs of other health-related problems that require medical intervention. High blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, thyroid disease, and autoimmune disorders are just some of the conditions that can be discovered during a routine eye exam.
When Should You Have Your Eyes Examined
How often you should have your eyes examined depends on a variety of factors, such as your age, your overall health, whether or not you currently wear corrective lenses, and your risk for developing problems with your eyes. The following are general guidelines based on age and risk factors:
- Children under 3. Typically, a pediatrician will check for issues that commonly affect children in this age group. If any problems or symptoms are evident, a comprehensive optical exam should be administered.
- School-aged children and adolescents. Children should have their eyes examined by a licensed optometrist before entering first grade. Thereafter, exams should be conducted on once every two years.
- Adults. Healthy adults who do not have vision problems should have their eyes examined every two years until the age of 45. Upon reaching the age of 45, annual examinations are highly recommended.
Of course, anyone who is experiencing signs or symptoms of an eye condition or who is experiencing problems with their vision should contact a reputable optometric practice that performs complete eye exams as soon as possible.
With Our Eye Doctor Near Jacksonville, Your Vision Will Be In The Best Of Care
At Trumansburg Optical, our eye doctor near Jacksonville uses the most advanced strategies, state-of-the-art diagnostic assessments, and proven techniques to ensure thoroughly asses your vision. Your comfort is always a top priority and you will receive thoughtful answers to any questions that you may have. To schedule an appointment or to learn more about our comprehensive eye exams, reach out to us via our online form or dial 607.387.7327 to contact us directly.